Tuesday, January 18, 2011

GLAMOUR GIRL LAYOUT














This layout was made for the LID challenge for the week of 1/13 - 1/19/10 over at the Cricut Messageboard. I really loved this sketch because it had a bunch of pictures to use. I tend to take a ton of pictures and it is hard to get them all onto a layout. It doesn't give much room for embellishing but that is okay. Capturing the pictures is the most important part. These pictures are from when my daughter went with her friend next door for her birthday to get their hair and nails done. It was her first experience having her hair and nails done by someone other than Mom or Grandma. It doesn't look like she had much fun but did. All of the pictures are sized at 3.75" x 3.75" except for the cocked pictures. They are 4" x 4". I matted the cocked pictures to help them stand out a little bit more. I didn't cut them at a particular size just made it a tad bigger than the picture. The scalloped rectangle is from svgcuts.com. It is sized to a little over 3.5" x 7". The title is Tangerine font. It is about 1 1/2" tall. The "GLAMOUR" is all in caps but "gIRL" is done with a lowercase g. The O is the inside circle to the cut out O. I added a button to add a little pizazz. The embellishments such as the purse, comb, mirror and nail polish comes from an SVG file from MyScrapChick.com. I used Make The Cut to size them for the title area and the nail polish for the area beside the picture. I stickled the purple nail polish and all of the hearts on the embellishments with Crystal Stickles. (That is my favorite color that I always turn to the most.) The flowers are something from my stash. Not sure where I picked them up from. I added some circle gems to the centers. The paper is all stuff that has been in my stash for a long time. I was going through my paper, wanted some bright colors and thought that the brightly colored flowers would fit. I hand drew with my black ZIG marker the lines for the journaling. I probably will use the Pure Pink ZIG marker to journal with. All I need to do now is add the journaling! Thanks for taking a look!
Hugs,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment