Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Birthday Card




Hi Friends and Family! I have a birthday card today that I made for my nephew. He is playing basketball right now so I thought it would be a good idea to make a basketball card. I used the Design Studio and the basketball cartridge to weld the two basketball shapes together. I used the blackout feature of the basketball to get the circle shape. I enlarged it to 5". I copied and pasted the second image and then welded them together. I cut the card using some navel 12 x 12 paper I got from the craft store. I then opened a new page and clicked to show preview. This brought the card image into that page. I then placed the basketball on the page and enlarged it so that it didn't go all the way to the edge of the card. I cut this layer on black cardstock. I glued the black onto the orange card and that was it. I needed an envelope to go with it. I used the Wedding cartridge for the envelope. I used the blackout feature again and chose an envelope. I used DS to again enlarge the envelope to fit the 5" card. I cut it out using School Life (sports) pad. I bought this at JoAnn fabrics. After it was cut out, I scored the lines and folded the envelope. I glued the flaps and there was the envelope. It was a super easy and quick card to make that could be used for anyone who likes basketball or sports.
Hugs,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment