Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Frame











Hi friends! I have been super busy getting ready for Christmas. I'm sure everyone else is as well. I keep thinking of things to make and give as gifts. Today I have made a really cute frame. I made two of them. One is for my mom that I am going to be putting my kids picture in and the other is for my four year old to give to her best friend who happens to live next door! I used an SVG file from my ultimate favorite place MyScrapChick.com. I used the Snowman Collection. There is two files that I used. I brought in the winter frame and the winter frame 5. Then I resized them both to 4 3/4 x 6 3/4. I then used my Cricut to cut out all the pieces of the frame and snowman. I deleted the eyes, mouth, scarf ends and holly. They were too small to cut for my liking. I assembled the snowman and attached it to the frame. For the scarf, I just cut the ends to make it look like tassels. I added the snowman face using a black marker and chalked the cheeks. The paper I used for the frame came from a a paper pad I had bought years ago at Wal-Mart when I first started scrapbooking. The snowman is made from scraps. I stickled the snowflake centers as well as the outside of the snowman's face. Once I attached the photo to the back, I used paperclips and attached them to the back of the frame to allow it to stand up. You could do a couple different things. I've also used magnets on the back to hang on the fridge as well. I think they are super cute!! I'd love to hear any feedback as well as any other ideas you have done for Christmas gifts.




Thanks for stopping by!




Hugs,




Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment