Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Candy Box


Hello again friends! I thought I should update my blog today with all the projects I've worked on so far. I guess it might be a little bit late for anyone to grab any ideas but maybe you could tuck them away for next year! ;) Here are some gift boxes that I made using a SVG file. It comes from MyScrapChick.com. (Have I mentioned that it is my favorite site to go to? And no, I don't get paid to say that or do I work with their design team although I think it would be AWESOME!!) I used My Minds Eye paper from the Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue. The SVG is called pieboxwindow. I sized it to fit as big as possible on the page. I bought some transparency paper and used that for the window. The circles that are cut out from the box, I used as tags. I made some peppermint bark and placed in a bag and tied with a ribbon. I then tied the entire box with another ribbon. I made these to give to my kids teachers for small gifts for Christmas. I also placed a couple of them in the center of a plate of cookies.


Here is the recipe for the peppermint bark. It is SO EASY and YUMMY!!! It has become a favorite by everyone!!!


2 bags of Vanilla flavored Candy Wafers. (I bought mine from my local craft store. I also used the plain white wafers.)

10 candy canes


Crush the candy canes up in a ziploc bag. Reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top. I melted the wafers in my microwave. I push time defrost so that the chocolate doesn't burn. I do 30 seconds at a time and then stir it up. Once it is all melted, I add the crushed candy canes. I line a baking sheet with wax paper and then pour the candy onto the baking sheet. I then sprinkle the 1/4 cup of candy canes on top. I place mine in the fridge to set for 10-15 min. Then you just break up into pieces however big you want.


That is it!! So Easy and everyone LOVES them!!!

Enjoy!

Hugs,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment