Thursday, June 9, 2011

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Banner





A friend of mine had asked me to create her daughter's first birthday invitations. I posted them a little while back. I offered to make her a birthday banner to go match the party decor. I used the same papers from the invitations. It was really long but was adorable!!! The paper came from JoAnn's. I alternated a striped paper and a dotted paper as the background. I cut a rectangle that was 5" x 10". I then folded them in half and glued ribbon to the top of the inside of the square. I then cut a scalloped circle out of the opposite paper. If the background was striped, the scalloped circle was the dotted paper. I then used Make The Cut software to cut the lettering. The letters are different sizes. I just eyeballed it. The font used was Curlz MT. I used black card stock for the lettering. I wanted it to pop and felt that black was the best color.


OK Friends - I am so EMBARRASSED!!!!! I just clicked on the picture of the banner to bring up a close up of it. I screwed it up!!! The I and the R's background and scalloped circle is the same instead of alternating!!!!!! I can't believe that I didn't catch it or that I didn't even notice it until now. The party was almost 2 weeks ago!!


If you've made a birthday banner, send me a link. I'd like to see how you do them. I'm working on one for my daughter's birthday. I'm going to do a triangular shaped banner. Hopefully, I won't screw this one up too!! I guess that is what late nights will do to you when you're working on projects!



Hugs,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment