Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baseball Treat Bag



My son plays for the Pirates baseball team in our town. I made these treat bags for all the boys on his team. I thought I'd give them out the night of their end of season swimming party. I used Plantin Schoolbook to make the bag. I used the Tall Ball and Fit to Page features of the cricut. I chose to make the bags black as this is one of their team colors. I added a baseball that I cut from the Baseball cartridge to put on the fronts of the bags. It is cut at 5 1/4". I first cut the white background of the ball using the blackout feature. Using red card stock, I cut out the lacing. The "P" comes from a free svg file that I got by googling Pittsburgh Pirates svg files. I deleted everything except for the P. I wanted only the P because that is what is on their hats. I cut a layer on gold paper and a layer on red because that is how their lettering goes in the MLB. The black charm is cut using Plantin Schoolbook as well. I used tag 1 and the Italic features. It is cut at 5". I trimmed the bottom down to 3 1/4" because it was to long. I glued them all together and tied a black ribbon attaching the tag to the bag. Now, I just need to fill them with some baseball goodies and their done!


Do you do anything crafty for your child's sports team? I'd love to hear about it!

Hugs,

Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I make small sour cream containers with a baseball theme for my sons team, I actually need to get some done for their end of the year party for this Thursday but may use your idea next year! TFS.

    ReplyDelete