Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthday Party Invitations using Sweet Treats
















Hi friends!! I decided to make my daughter's invitations to her fifth birthday party. I came across some really cute ice cream plates, cups, and napkins at Party City so decided to go with an ice cream party! I am so excited to do this!!! We plan on making some homemade ice cream in my ice cream maker and allowing the kids to make their own ice cream in a baggie. I bought this really cute dotted paper that matches the colors in the plates and cups. I wanted the front to say "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!" so I decided to create on my computer a sheet that said nothing but that. I decided to print it onto the dotted paper. The dotted paper is from JoAnn's. It is made by DCWV and is called Dot Colored Lines. I cut it down to allow a border around the card. The card is made from some pastel card stock that I bought from Wal-Mart years ago. It was 8 1/2 x 11" and I just cut it in two to make a standard A2 card. I glued down the dotted paper after printing on it. I then took the Sweet Treats cartridge and cut out the ice cream cone and its layers. The striped green paper is from Colorblok and called Spring Green Plaid. The pink card stock is lipstick from Coredinations. The brown and tan card stock is from coredinations and is called opal and java bean. I believe that the ice cream cone is cut at about 4 1/2 inches. I embossed the cone with the argyle embossing folder to make it look more similar to a cone and add texture. I wanted something different for the cherry and so I glued down a red button. I love it and thought it turned out great!! For the inside, I printed from my computer the actual details of the party. When I was done with that, I added a sundae that I cut from sweet treats. I didn't write down the size of this but it is about 2 to 2 1/2". I used the same paper as from the front. I also added stickles to the cherry to give it some sparkle. Voila!! Easy and simple invitations!

Hugs,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment