Sunday, February 13, 2011

VALENTINE TREAT BOXES






















Here is a cute Valentine box that I made for my son's teachers for Valentine's Day. I saw this idea over at the Cricut Messageboard. (Not sure who it came from. If anyone has any idea, please let me know and I'll give them the credit.) I bought the plastic boxes from Wal-Mart for $2 each. I'm sure you could find them somewhere else cheaper but I really need to pick some up and I was at Wal-Mart. I filled the inside with candy. I apologize that I don't have all the dimensions. I forgot to write them down before they were sent off to school. I took the dimensions of the top and cut out a piece of pink "Sassy" card stock from Coredinations. I inked the sides with a lavender ink. The pink heart paper is from Me & My Big Ideas. Not exactly sure what the name is but I bought it at JoAnn's. I really love this paper. I inked the sides of the heart paper with pink ink. The heart was cut using the DoodleCharms cartridge. Again - not sure what size it was. I used the scalloped heart and then pushed shift and the scalloped heart to get the regular heart. The scalloped heart is cut out of white card stock. I embossed the pink heart using the Heart Blocks embossing folder and the Cuttlebug. The bee comes from the Valentine's cut file from MyScrapChick.com. It is the BEE MINE file. I used some yellow and black card stock from my scrap pile to cut the bee. The hearts are cut from the Sassy card stock. I didn't like the way the antenna was cut out so I decided to use some red sparkly pipe cleaners. I think it gives it more of a Valentine feel by using the red. The bee's head and the one heart wing is pop dotted to give dimension. I chalked all the edges of the bee and the hearts. BEE MINE was made using Make The Cut. The font is Script MT bold. I joined them together to make them into one word. I glued them down and decided that they needed some pizazz so I used some sparkle on top. The I is dotted with a gem heart that has been in my stash. Thanks for looking!!
Hugs,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment