Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LID Challenge for this week


Hi Friends! I have completed the LID Challenge for this week over at the Cricut Messageboard. I decided to scrap some pictures of my youngest daughter putting together our first ever try at a Gingerbread house! I didn't make the house (although I'd like to give it a whirl one day) and instead bought it at A.C. Moore when it was on sale!! I used some paper from a paper pad that I had bought. It comes from DCWV - the Ultimate Premium Stack. It is really cool! It has all the seasons and holidays in it. There are 120 sheets in the stack! So, I used two kinds of Christmas paper since these were taken just before Christmas. I added a Gingerbread house and a gingerbread with a bowl on it's head from a cut file at MyScrapChick.com. I enlarged the images to about 2" for the front of the house. When everything is put together it measures about 3". All of the paper I used for the embellishments came from scraps! I just had to stickle the snow!! For the journaling, I used a ruler and measure and made my own lines. I really need to get some better way of journaling! Maybe some stamps. I added some ribbon that came from JoAnn's. I didn't add a title because what I'd like to add is bigger than the space so not sure if I'll leave it or add one. I'd love to hear how everyone else does their journaling, so leave me a comment! Until next time,

Hugs,

Stephanie

1 comment: