Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Easter Eggs





Hi Friends! It has been a long time! This semester has been consuming every last minute of my time. It is almost over and I am looking forward to spending some time crafting!! Check back in a couple of weeks when I am able to get back in the swing of things.


In the meantime,

Here are some awesome but simple peanut butter eggs that anyone can make for Easter. As a matter of fact, my two oldest children made these in first grade. I kept the recipe and decided to dig it out today to do with my kids and my daycare children. We had a great time making and eating them! :-) The recipe is:


Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

2 cups of peanut butter

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1/2 cup of melted butter

1/2 tsp. vanilla

2 cups of powdered sugar


Melt butter. Add peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add powdered sugar last. Shape into easter eggs. Chill. Cover with chocolate and decorate.


For the chocolate, I just bought a bag of the chocolate wafers in the craft section of the cake aisle. You can get them at Wal-Mart or the local craft stores. I like to buy mine from the craft stores because they will go on sale. I just used the milk chocolate but you could use whatever you like. I put the wafers in a glass bowl and pushd time defrost on my microwave. I did it for 45 seconds at a time. After each time, I stirred them up. Each microwave is different so times will vary. Once the chocolate is melted, I placed one egg into the bowl at a time and turned it over to cover all sides. I used a fork to place under the egg to allow some of the chocolate to drip. Laid them onto wax paper to set. I did take a spoon after they all were covered and drizzled more over top each egg to dress them each up a bit.


Needless to say, they were a big hit!! I'd love to hear what you are doing for Easter. Any crafts or great recipes that are favorites for your family???

Hugs,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment